Being a Tamilian it is hard to make people understand the difference between a South Indian and Tamilian. Let me explain you there are total 5 states in south India so accordingly each state has their own language, they are Telegu, Tamil, Malayalam, Kanada. Here are some common problems that we Tamilians are tired of!
1. “You’re so fair! How are you even Tamilian?” (this is too awkward *)
2. “Dude, why are your film actors so ugly?” (maybe because we like actors who can act *)
3. Why is your language like vango, pongo, and mango? (do yourself a favor and stop talking right now*)
4. “Let’s go get some dosa and sambar!”(actually that sounds delicious*)
5. You guys might be eating iddlis and dosa daily, wow! (no we don’t *)
6. “ Hey I know about you Tamil people , I read them in 2 states” (no words , only tears*)
7. “I pronounced your name right this time, didn’t I?” (You took more than 50 tries but yay!*)
8. “Bet you were class topper. Tamil people are nerd” (who even told you this?*)
9. “ Teach me some Tamil words to impress other Tamilians”
“Sure, tell her,’hi, inikki nee paakarthkku apdiye korangu maari irruka”.
(That sounds cool*)
10. Why is it so complicate to understand your language and pronounce them?”(It’s not your cup of tea, you give up dude!*)